Home > CCA > Sports & Games > Basketball
Vision:To develop student athletes with school values (RISE) and sportsmanship
Mission:To become the choice CCA in the North Zone for basketball talents
- After the ‘B’ division North Zone competitions, the CCA teachers revised a change in the training regime for all students. These include more physical conditioning, basic skills training and personal management.
- There will also be tightening of the school team selection criteria so that the members of the school team will be students who exemplify the school values; Respect, Resilience, Integrity, Self-discipline and Excellence as well as sportsmanship. Fair play will form the foundation of their journey in their four or five journey in the basketball CCA.
- The change in our programme aims to foster more perseverance in our students in tough situations or games and moreover, to build personal mental strength and skills mastery. After all, the journey in basketball is all about fun in learning the game and nurturing all the positive attitudes to handle life.
- After the ‘C’ Division National Inter-Schools Basketball Competition, all students in the CCA will be placed in a programme that was developed by our in-school trainers to help them improve on their plyometric abilities.
- There are also study sessions in place of the regular physical training programme after all the inter-schools basketball competitions, to help the school athletes manage their studies.
The students have participated in friendly matches such as T-Net (June and Nov) to prepare them for the B and C Division North Zone games.
We wish them all the best in all challenges and have a happy basketball journey in their secondary school life.
|Teacher I/C (Boys' Team)||Ms Jolyne Tan|
|Teacher 2nd I/C (Boys' Team)
||Mr Hui Win Sun|
|Mr Gui Eng Hong
|Teacher I/C (Girls' Team)||Mr Steven Tay
|Teacher 2nd I/C (Girls' Team)||Ms Debbie Gan|
|Mr Tang Yiam Boh|
||Keane Liew (4E3)|
||Ivan Badillo (3S3)|
|Captain||Ang Cui Lin (4E1)|
|Vice-Captain||Charlene Sim (4E7)|
Training Days & Time:
4.30pm to 6.00pm