Home > About Us > School History

School History

Seng Kang Secondary School is a government school established on 4 January 1999. It functioned at the former premises of Hai Sing Girls’ High at 1192 Upper Serangoon Road until 12 Mar 99 when it moved to its present site. Located at 10 Compassvale Lane, it was the first secondary school in the Sengkang housing estate.

The school was built at a cost of S$23 million, on 3 hectares of land. It was officially opened by Mr Lee Yock Suan, the then Minister for Information and the Arts on 14 July 2001.

 

Mdm Ng Shok Yan is the first principal. The school started with a teaching staff of 4 HODs and 10 teachers and 7 secondary one classes (comprising 4 express, 2 normal academic and 1 normal technical classes). The total pupil population then was 283.

 

The school is currently running with full strength of teaching and non-teaching staff, having an enrolment of about 1450 pupils. It is the Tamil Language Centre for nearby schools, as well as the CDAC and SINDA Tuition Centre in Sengkang.